Friday, January 27, 2012

The Planet and Us

Hello, today I’m going to tell you about a very important issue for our society. This is a time in our history where growth can not be stopped. eventually, this will conflict with the planet’s health.  This is a serious problem. The authorities are "concerned" about it, and they try to convey the message through television, internet and newspapers. Also, this topic is being introduced in schools, in order to create consciousness in our childrens. But, nobody knows if the efforts are really useful... nobody knows the true extent of the problem.
There is still no integrated environmental culture in many countries. Thus, many people find it difficult implement new habits in their lives. I’m the best exampleof that people. I have not built recycling habits, for different reasons. Some of them are my weakness and my ignorance.
However, four months ago I decided not to take any more "transantiago" or "metro" (wherever possible). Instead, I take my bike. It's amazing how wonderful it can be biking, and how horrifying may be taking a "transantiago"... and nobody notes the difference.
I have not yet registered to any eco organisations, and I never will. I think that helps our planet can be done by everyone, without the need for an organization.
One of my favorite techniques to help the planet is off the light. I buy candles, and sometimes use. This can become a very enriching experience. With candles, you can create a new atmosphere of inspiration, and at the same time you contribute to carbon reduction.
I think there is much to do in this city if we want to help the environment seriously.  We need to build many bike paths. We have to completely revamp the system trash. They are just small examples that could be helpful.
Good Bye My friends!

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought about the candles thing! I think I'm going to do this in the future, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote almost the same that you about how the society doesn't helps the enviroment with the tv campaigns

    and I thought too in turn off the lights at night :) great article, and it's great that you're using the bike :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! great post. I think the same about the bike, it feels so god and when you use it, you understand how uncomfortable the transantiago is!

    ReplyDelete